Saturday, April 13, 2013

Gestetner DSc 435

A colleague first told me about Gestetner DSc-435 and recommend purchasing this digital copier and printer system. I was hesitant because I was not sure about the usability of the Gestetner DSc-435. I decided in favor of purchase when I discovered that the DSc-435 is available at a relatively affordable price. While I purchased it for its affordable price, I later discovered that Gestetner DSc-435 has all the features that I was looking for.

I run a small company that mostly deals in office management services. We therefore have to do a lot of printing and photocopying and the Gestetner DSc-435 is a great addition to our office. The printing features of the Gestetner DSc-435 include both black and white/monochrome and colored printing. It utilizes excellent toner cartridges that enhance the print quality to a greater degree. The printing speed is great on the Gestetner DSc-435 as it offers 35 pages per minute for colored printing and up to 45 for monochrome printing. This speed is greater than some of the more popular printers that I have used in the past.

The DSc-435 has 1 GB RAM and 80 GB hard disk; it is nothing short of a full-fledge computer. It uses Icon-based RPCS driver that offers precise and the most accurate printing even for the complex files and all this with a standard resolution of 1,200 x 1,200 dpi. Adobe® PostScript 3 and PDF Direct Print features are available on the Gestetner DSc-435 and connectivity is provided by Ethernet and USB 2.0.

Copier features of the Gestetner DSc-435 are equally good. It has a touch screen panel that has made things easier for my staff to do large scale copying. The standard configuration is at 28/35/45 ppm monochrome and 24/28/35 ppm in full color though it can vary as per the copying plans selected by my staff. Color copying is not available to everyone thanks to password protection and other features.

Scanner features offer a 50/35 scanned sides in a minute along with a full compatibility for TIFF, JPEG and PDF files; scan resolution of up to 600 dpi is available. Scan-to-folder and scan-to-email features are available on Gestetner DSc-435. Thanks to great toner and scanning features, I have seen excellent results with no issues over staining or darkened images.

Facsimile features are available and other features are also available though I generally do not use fax so cannot say any exact words about this side of the product. I am however very happy with the printing, scanning and copying of Gestetner DSc-435.