Monday, September 30, 2013

HP LaserJet 3055

I have always used Hewlett Packard equipment. I used to work for them, then left but kept the brand loyalty. Its easy to do seeing as their printers and office equipment is so good. I bought the HP LaserJet 3055 when it first came out in 2006 and have been using it ever since.

Its a black and white multifunction or AIO as they seem to call them nowadays, the All In One. It prints, copies, faxes and scans all in one little box. Handy for small businesses like mine who do a little bit of printing, a little bit of copying and scanning, but not enough to need to buy a separate machine for each.

The 3055 was very easy to set up. It only has a single cartridge to install, the once youve unwrapped all the tape, its just a matter of installing the driver and letting it discover the device. It discovered it over my small network in seconds and installed everything in a couple of minutes. The tools it installs offer quite a few printing options, you can also lighten or darken the ink, just in case the prints or copies come out pale.

The print quality is very good for most business documents. Images and graphs are well drawn, with straight lines and good shading in the colored areas. Photographs were a little less detailed, but then you expect that with a laser printer. I dont print photos so it made no difference to me whatsoever.

Text was strong, dark and precise which works for me, even using headlines. They came out the strongest and work well for my documentation business. Copying is equally as good and can keep up with the 18 page per minute print time.
Scanning and faxing I dont really use much. The scanner is a bit slow, but works well and the fax transmits quickly. Other than that I havent used them.

Overall, the LaserJet 3055 is a great little device for people like me who do a little but demand a lot. The print and copy quality is good, its pretty quick and the end result looks good. Its easy to use, cheap to run and simple to maintain, Im not sure what else you would want from an office machine.